Gulff Oy have promised to improve their chemical products from Eco to better Eco slowly with each product in their portfolio.
What has Gulff Oy done so far?
Gulff Oy is currently the only manufacturer of fly fishing chemical products that meets chemical authority requirements for floatants, UV resins, wader repairs, varnish and super glues. (The Classification, Labelling and Packaging (CLP) Regulation ((EC) No 1272/2008) is based on the United Nations’ Globally Harmonised System (GHS) and its purpose is to ensure a high level of protection of health and the environment, as well as the free movement of substances, mixtures and articles)
- UV Resins &Torches
- Are biodegradable
- Not listed as a carsinogen (IARC)
- According to IMDG code does not contain any product known to pollute marine life
- According to ADN ddes not contain any product that is environmentally hazardous
- Do not manufacture standard battery operated UV Torches
- Do not use nature straining silicones
- All have replacement blades
- Only use NATIVA certified registered suppliers for the raw material of Merino wool. To ensure that the treatment of animals is appropriate and can be traced all they way back to their original location.
- NATIVA wool is Blue-signed and chlorine free.
- Socks: Energy saving program. Current average factory worker relationship is 18 years (Finland). 100% of the production waste is recycled and re-used.
- Purewaste shirts: Each T-shirt saves 2,700 litres of water, and each sweatshirt saves 6,200. Purewaste shirts are made from 100% recycled materials.
- Pure Waste is a Finnish company breaking new ground in textile recycling.
- Always use cardboard where possible
- If cardboard not possible a nature friendly alternative is used
- Transporting deliveries:
- Gulff Oy primarily use the train to transport products from the country of origin