Tying Help and Advice
We are often asked about how to start out with fly tying and what is needed. We have put together the following links to our blog posts about relevant topics to help you get stuck into fly tying.
- Hen & Cock Saddles & Necks - Whats the difference?
- Furs - Which Furs are of Use to the Fly Tyer
- Why is CDC so special for fly Tying and Fishing Flies?
- Marabou Feathers
- Introduction to Fly Tying Tools
- Choosing a Fly Tying Vice
- How to choose a pair of scissors
- How to use a Loon Ergo Knot Tool
- Hook Comparison Chart
Fly Tying Techniques
The Fly Dressers Guild have branches all around the country, it is well worth joining to be with like minded people who can offer you help and advise. They also have plenty of presentations and tying demos that you will find interesting.
Click the logo above to be directed to their website!