Fly Tying Hooks for Sale
Hooks come in many shapes and sizes. You can use many of the vast range we have for sale including:
- dry fly hooks for adams or olive dry flies. Dry fly hooks have fine wire which with the correct dubbing and fly tying materials, will float your dry fly to that waiting trout or grayling
- nymph hooks for pheasant tails, nymph hooks are generally straight with larger gape
- scud hooks for shrimps these have curved shanks
- and lure hooks or streamer hooks for flies reservoirs lures and
- specialist hooks like sedge hooks to replicate the body of a sedge or are superb for tying rhyacophilla, bloodworm or other nymphs .
Fly tying hooks come in different strengths (wire guages) and lengths. A 2x hook is 2 times strength and 3xl hooks for 3 times standard length. Suppliers include Umpqua who provide the best value hooks on the market coming in packs of 50 hooks with their unique magnetic retainer in each pack of hooks which stops them spilling when opened.
Fly Fishing Hook Anatomy
|Standard Hook Anatomy ||Scud Hook Anatomy |
| || |