Vast Range of Fly Tying Hooks
Hooks for fly tying come in many shapes and sizes. You can use many of the vast range including:
- dry fly hooks for adams or olive dry flies. Dry fly hooks have fine wire which with the correct dubbing and fly tying materials, will float your dry fly to that waiting trout or grayling
- nymph hooks for pheasant tails, nymph hooks are generally straight with larger gape
- scud hooks for shrimps these have curved shanks
- and lure hooks or streamer hooks for flies reservoirs lures and
- specialist hooks like sedge hooks to replicate the body of a sedge or Semperfli Living Nymph hooks which are superb for tying rhyacophilla, bloodworm or other nymphs .
For specialists fly tyers we have heavy duty pike hooks and for saltwater we have, stainless steel hooks designed specifically for saltwater fly tying patterns.
Hooks come in different strengths (called the wire guage) and different lengths for example 2x hook is 2 times strength and 3xl hooks for 3 times standard length. Suppliers include Mustad, Kamasan, Semperfli and Umpqua who provide the best value fly hooks on the market coming in packs of 50 fly tying hooks with their unique magnetic retainer in each pack of hooks which stops them spilling when opened.
Anatomy Of A Hook
|Hook Anatomy ||Scud / Shrimp Hook Anatomy |
| || |