Earn 4 Loyalty Points
|Our Price ||£4.80|
|List Price |£4.99
|Saving Of ||£0.19 (4%)|
We order from manufacturer for you.
Usually 6 working days (Mon to Fri)
Our Part Number: G-VAC8006
Bar Code: 852680008179
Manufacturer Part Number: VAC8006
Brand: Plan D
Product Type Fly Fishing
Pack Size 20 Pack
Covid-19 Delivery NON STOCK ITEMS
During the Covid-19 crisis delivery of the Loop products is MEDIUM. They arriving from our supplier once per week and being sent out as soon as they arrive with us.
Note: Box is shown with contents for illustration only. The Storage System comes without contents.
Plan D Mandrel Kit
The mandrel kits are made from 316 marine grade stainless steel and come with 20 mandrels per bag.
Once all of your flies are stored in the box you can use the box to rince and dry any flies that have been used in salt water.
There is a small foam pad inside for your hook storage
Mandrel kits are like sink tips. You can't really get by with just one tip or one size of tip, it is highly recommended that you purchase atleast one small Mandrel kit to ensure you have everything you need.
There are 2 sizes available:
Small-fits micro tubes and many Pro Tubes
Medium-fits most medium tubes such as HMH
*Please note, some commercially tied flies are tied in a manner that compresses or crushes the tube and may prevent them from fitting on a mandrel. If you have a fly that is not working, please send information to Plan D via their Contact Us link on the website to resolve the issue.
Mandrel Kit Instructions
You Will Need:
- Wire Cutters
- Plan D Mandrel Kit
- Plan D Tube Fly Box
- Your Tube flies
- Insert a mandrel theough the back end of the fly until the clip at the end of the mandrel clips cover over the junction tubing (or the tube if not using)
- Measure exposed mandrel against the tube block in the fly box (leave some exposed mandrel sticking out of the end of the tube block)
- Cut mandrel to length (using wire cutters - please be careful incase the wire 'pings' off)
- Insert the exposed mandrel into the slotted silicone tube block.
- Repeat with all of your flies.